Walkway Plan and Section - Construction Project - Engineering Assignment Help
Question Task Id: 0
- University :
Unitec Institute of Technology TvAssignmentHelp is not sponsored or endorsed by this college or university.
Connect with Assignment Expert Now
Assignment Task :
You are planning the construction of a 2 m wide walkway construction project. The walkway runs through a bush area beside a wetland. Figure 1 shows a plan of the walkway while Figure 2 shows a section through the walkway.
You will need one week to get the bonds and insurances in place before you are allowed access and also get to required resources organised. You will then need another week to establish site offices and facilities onsite and set out the project works. After that you will carry out the following construction process for each walkway:
1. Clear a 4 metre wide strip along each walkway. An excavator can clear 400m2 of walkway in a day while one labourer can clear 100m2 in a day. Note that you can add more labourers to reduce the work package duration and the excavator can do only part of the work package if required.
2. Install poles at 5 metre spacings along the length of the walkway. An excavator (fitted with a drill) and two labourers can install 10 poles an hour.
3. Install joists along the full length of each walkway. A Tradesman with a Labourer can install 600m each day.
4. Lay deck along walkway. A Tradesman working with a Labourer can lay 300m of deck a day.
5. Install handrails (balustrades and rails) along each side of each walkway. A Tradesman working with a Labourer can install 400m per day.
6. Staining walkway. One Labourer can stain 200 metre of walkway each day.
You can use more labourers if you wish.
You then need to obtain the Practical Completion Certificate which will take 2 days. If you get the certificate then the project will be complete and you can disestablish offsite. If you do not get the certificate then you will need to fix the defects and reapply for the certificate.
For this assessment you need to:
• Break the project into work packages. It is suggested that a two level WBS will be suitable.
• Calculate the sequence and timing of the work packages and compile a program (in Gantt Chart format) for the project. Include a short summary of assumptions and approaches taken in developing the program and the duration calculations.
• Calculate the costs for each work package. Prepare a budget and cash flow for the project. Include a short summary of assumptions and approaches taken in developing the budget and the cost calculations.
This Engineering Assignment has been solved by our Engineering Experts at TVAssignmentHelp. Our Assignment Writing Experts are efficient to provide a fresh solution to this question. We are serving more than 10000+ Students in Australia, UK & US by helping them to score HD in their academics. Our Experts are well trained to follow all marking rubrics & referencing style.
Be it a used or new solution, the quality of the work submitted by our assignment experts remains unhampered. You may continue to expect the same or even better quality with the used and new assignment solution files respectively. There’s one thing to be noticed that you could choose one between the two and acquire an HD either way. You could choose a new assignment solution file to get yourself an exclusive, plagiarism (with free Turnitin file), expert quality assignment or order an old solution file that was considered worthy of the highest distinction.