Case Study: MAS5702
The aim of this project is to conduct technical and economic analyses on the pre-feasibility of the deployment of a sustainable business model for a rooftop solar PV (RSPV) project for an urban city in sub-Saharan Africa. The case study for the project is Accra, the capital city of Ghana. Accra was chosen for the following reasons;
1. Accra is a densely populated major city in one of the highest solar resource potential regions of the world with an average solar radiation of 5.1 kWh/m2 -day (Energy Commission, 2014).
2. Ghana has a recent history of serious power interruptions due to power generation/consumption deficit, hence, an assessment of the impact of the project on power availability in Accra will be critically vital.
3. The author is from Ghana and intends to develop a business in the area.
1. What is the total technical rooftop solar potential for the metropolitan city of Accra?
2. What is the economic feasibility of the deployment of a suitable business model for RSPV in Accra?