Internal Code: 1HJCH
There are two parts to this design project:
1. Road Design using AutoCAD; and
2. Drainage Design using DRAINS
You will produce and submit a minimum of six A3 drawings for Project 2. These will include the drawings from both parts, namely:
1. Title Page – showing development site info, drawing list, etc, and your Name and Student number (from Part 2);
2. Road Centreline Plan – with Longitudinal Section (from Part 1);
3. Cross Sections Drawing – Chainages 0.000, Contour 128, TP3, Ch700.00 (from Part 1);
4. Catchment Plan – showing the sub-catchment boundaries (thick lines) and areas – these areas should be hatched in different directions to clearly show different areas (from Part 2);
5. Drainage Layout Plan – showing all drainage lines and pits (from Part 2); and
6. Long Sections for each of your drainage lines (these can all be on one sheet if it fits). You must show the HGLs as dashed lines on each longsection! (from Part 2).
These drawings must be professionally drawn and set out and include all relevant information (both on the drawings and title blocks).
Part 1 – Road Design (15%)
In this part you will learn how to create professional engineering drawings using AutoCAD. This exercise will familiarise you with how drafting plans are created in the design office. You will use AutoCAD to redraw some of the information from Design Project 1 that you drew by hand. If you are
unfamiliar with the use of AutoCAD, please first work through the AutoCAD Tutorial 1 in the Project 2 Materials folder before moving on to this task.
Please refer to Design Project 2 – Part 1 – Road Design Outline in the Project 2 Materials folder.
Part 2 – Drainage Design using DRAINS (25%)
In this exercise you will learn how to design a stormwater drainage system to drain some of the lots of a new housing sub-development using the DRAINS program. If you are unfamiliar with the use of DRAINS please first work through DRAINS Tutorials 1 – 4 in the Project 2 folder before moving on to this task. MINOR Storms are 20% AEP and MAJOR storms are 1% AEP. All Storm durations up to 2 hours shall be modelled. Maximum overland flow for Minor storms is 10L/s. The development site is in Maroochydore. You will produce and submit a minimum of four A3 drawings for this part. Please refer to Design Project 2 – Part 2 – Drainage Design Outline in the Project 2 folder for more details.
You must print all drawings out yourself in A3, staple them all together in top left corner (no plastic sleeves!!) and hand them in to me in hardcopy!
However, all AutoCAD and DRAINS files must also be forwarded to me (saved as instructed in outline) when you have completed this project.
Get 500 Words For FREE on Your Next Assignment By Australia's #1 Assignment Help Provider