Internal Code: TV789
The Department of Health Services is an innovative and dynamic organisation dedicated to improving the health and wellbeing of our Rural/Regional community. We are committed to providing the highest levels of healthcare and services. To do this it seeks to improve, promote, protect and maintain the health, safety, and well-being of its community through service planning, managing, procuring and delivering high-quality health and human services. We seek to find innovative new ways of working and harness technological advances to ensure the community continues to receive the best care. In line with this, we are implementing a range of initiatives that will result in better, more accessible and more coordinated services for all community members.
1. In collaboration with members of the healthcare team plan, implement and evaluate patient/client care.
2. Practice in accordance with the NMBA1 codes and guidelines for registered nurses/midwives.
3. Involve patients/clients and their families/significant others in the planning and implementation of care.
4. Maintain and promote a safe work environment.
5. Understand and adhere to relevant legislation, policies, and procedures.
6. Maintain accurate and objective documentation.
7. As directed or required by the Nurse Unit Manager may take charge of a shift.
1. Interact effectively with patients’/clients’ families and other health team members to facilitate the provision of optimum patient/client care.
2. Work effectively within a multidisciplinary team, contributing to a strong team approach through open communication and a positive supportive approach.
3. Actively contribute to the communication process, including attending and participating in team meetings.