NIT1104: Design an Ethernet LAN for level 5 - VICTORIA UNIVERSITY - College of Science & Engineering - IT Assignment
Internal Code: MAS5672
Design an Ethernet LANCase Study:
- Computer labs are painted in green. Each PC lab has 20 computers and 1 printer
- Offices are painted in pink. Each office room can connect 4 computers.
- The technical room is painted in cyan where the main switches and routers are located
- The design document should include o A network diagram of the LAN with detailed information to show the functionality of each network device in the diagram. o A site map that show the deployment location of each network device in the site o A detailed list of the network inventories including:
- The network devices with detailed specification and amount of each type
- Network cables and estimated amount of each cable type in meters,
- Any other accessories such as connectors and tools. o An IP network addressing plan that specifies:
- For each subnet, the network address, broadcast address, valid host address range that will be assigned to the PCs. Note that you need to spare 10% of the total addresses of each subnet for future development.
- The IP address of each router interface.
- Any unused address space
- The configuration document includes o Detailed configuration commands for all routers and switches o A packet tracer file implements a simplified solution of the LAN
- Each sub-network has 2 computers o Screenshots from packet tracer showing you can connect between sub-networks and the gateway (using ping to verify the connectivity)