Internal Code: 1HJIJ
1. Read the Introduction and Conclusion sections of the text (Quinn et al. 2015)
2. Complete the Competing Values Framework (Quinn et al. 2011) survey. To complete the CVF access the following URL: http://www.wiley.com/college/quinn/047136178X/survey/mgmt_prc.htm and work through the instructions below
a. complete the 36-statement Competing Values Management Practices Survey
b. then press ‘show result’ – where your scores are plotted on the CVF wheel
c. reflection: Look at the shape of your ‘spiderweb’ – focusing on the Quadrants, rather than each specific ‘role’
d. save a copy for review, discussion and presentation with your interpretative report.
3. Interpret your findings, identifying strengths and weaknesses as a tourism and hospitality manager. Look for areas of prominence. Make reference to the wider literature and to the Introduction and Conclusion sections from the Quinn et al. (2015) text. For example, are the four quadrants equal in your spiderweb? Are you already in balance? What does this mean for management mastery according to Quinn et al. (2015)? Are there obvious areas
of strength and opposing weakness? What are these areas? Why might this be so?
4. Compile these findings into an interpretative report on your management style, explaining elements you see in your CVF ‘spiderweb’. Be sure to include context in this interpretation. That means you should anchor the interpretation in discussions of your actual work and potential role as a ‘manager’ or reference to other managers you might know. This will help explain ‘what’ and ‘why’ the spiderweb reflects what it does about you as a manager.
Gather academic and other materials which reflect your response to ‘The Topic’: Management is the pursuit of ‘flexibility’
You will post a summary during each week over two weeks and actively engage in discussion and debate within a community of Management Team Learners or MTLs (refer to Stepping Stone 1 of your Study Guide for more information on MTLs) on the relevance and importance of your material to the topic.
To be an active MTL, our expectation is that you will (in addition to your original summary post) access, contribute and engage in discussion at least once per week. It is anticipated that you will use the online environment (i.e. your online group folder a.k.a. Blog space) to share thoughts, points of interest and relevant links, literature and other materials.
1. Find at least 2 items (one Academic journal article and one Industry article) that are relevant to our current topic, ‘Management is the pursuit of flexibility’.
2. Prepare a blog entry for each item that you have chosen (maximum 200 words per entry): Blog entry should:
a. include a brief critical review of your chosen material
b. outline how your material relates to the ‘The Topic’ and the themes outlined in Quinn et al. (2015)
c. show links to your own managerial/work/personal experiences.
3. Access your Community MTLs Blog space via the MKT01907–2018-1 link in MySCU.
4. Post your first blog entry during Week 5
5. Discuss and debate within your community of ‘management team learners’ by engaging with these articles and the issues raised through them.
6. Post your second blog during Week 6 remembering to repeat step 5.
Get 500 Words For FREE on Your Next Assignment By Australia's #1 Assignment Help Provider