Milingimbi Water - Partially Exemplifies Some Broader Social Phenomenon - Nursing Assessment Answer
- Internal Code :
- Country :
For Assessment 2 you will chose one of the stories you submitted in assessment task 1 or generate a further story if you wish. The task now is to consider how your story expresses, or partially exemplifies some broader social phenomenon. This broader or larger area will be some open social, political, or cultural issue, the existence of which is a vague area of tension in on-going collective life. Your story is in some way drawing upon and partially revealing or elucidating this area of tension. The term ‘partial’ here carries two meanings. Your story will allow only a limited elucidation and does not pretend to tell the whole story. Second, your story is interested, it does not pretend to be an ‘objective representation’ but rather offers a particular opportunistic experience of how the social tension makes its presence felt.
Preparation: This task is harder than it seems, for it is about changing habits of thought. This exercise trains analysts in a different form of generalizing, drawing upon and nurturing a particular sort of analytic social sensibility. We want you to learn to see and attend analytically to the peculiar and idiosyncratic detail of the particular and do so in precise ways—that is the story writing. Then the task is to identify and elaborate a general social phenomenon that can be glimpsed within that particular expression. The general social phenomenon you ‘see’ can of course only be described only in vague terms. But you need to learn to be precise in pointing to exactly where in your story some tension in the fabric of everyday is showing, and in naming the tensions that seem to be at play. You
need to be careful about making claims about what the story shows. In this task you are asked to present your thinking as a talk rather than in writing. But preparative writing is important as you do the analytic work, and in coming up with the form your talk will take.
some sort of interpretation. We are NOT looking for any conclusion... but rather actively discouraging
Preparing to use “A grant proposal” as the story involved in completing Assessment Task 2
1. Write your story, responding to a disconcertment a ‘put-outness’, probably more or less intuitively (this has already been completed in Assessment 1)
2. Step back and have a look at the form and content of the story.... Make yourself ‘a stranger’ to the experience and your story of it... this is the beginning of interpretation
See Bus Passenger Structure with tracked comments, and analysis doc.
3. Stand in the shoes of the people in your story and try to understand what is ‘at stake’ for them
• The story which the narrator tells is a jousting match between a transit officer and an Aboriginal woman passenger. For both it can be understood as a matter of dignity. The Aboriginal woman passenger is clearly an important figure in her family and community. She is used to, and
2. expects, respect from others. What is at stake for her is not being a victim. The transit officer clearly takes his sense of identify from his role as a transit officer. An orderly, quiet bus attests his social importance. He sees himself as doing his job well and takes pride in it (that is the charitable interpretation). The narrator does not see herself in the role of ‘being a bus passenger’, but rather as just getting to work. She unexpectedly finds herself participating in the drama of the incident by chuckling out-loud. Suddenly she is participating as ‘bus passenger’, but still what is at stake for her is getting to work in a timely manner, she (and the other passengers) would prefer if the bus is not delayed due to a nasty disagreement between an Aboriginal woman boarding the bus with her family and an over-zealous transit officer.
This Nursing Assessment has been solved by our Nursing experts at TVAssignmentHelp. Our Assignment Writing Experts are efficient to provide a fresh solution to this question. We are serving more than 10000+ Students in Australia, UK & US by helping them to score HD in their academics. Our Experts are well trained to follow all marking rubrics & referencing style.
Be it a used or new solution, the quality of the work submitted by our assignment experts remains unhampered. You may continue to expect the same or even better quality with the used and new assignment solution files respectively. There’s one thing to be noticed that you could choose one between the two and acquire an HD either way. You could choose a new assignment solution file to get yourself an exclusive, plagiarism (with free Turnitin file), expert quality assignment or order an old solution file that was considered worthy of the highest distinction.