HLT301: Mental State Examination Workbook for Nursing - Midwifery Disciplines - Health Assignment Help
This task provides you with an opportunity to develop and demonstrate knowledge of processes associated with assessing a person’s mental state in different health care contexts and supporting the person to navigate to a place of recovery.
The workbook responses will be assessed according to the following criteria:
- Use of evidence to interpret and analyse the mental state assessment, including an assessment of risk
- Interpret and use evidence to plan carefully to support the mental health needs of the person in diverse health settings
- Critical appraisal of principles of equity, rights and access
- Information literacy skills: use of sources and citations
- The written presentation including structure, grammar, application of referencing protocol Harvard
The workbook contains 10 questions about mental health assessment and strategies to work with people with mental illness. You must adhere to the word limit provided for each response.
Assessment Task 1: Workbook (HLT301)
1. Define the mental state assessment, describe when it is to be used and describe why it is a useful tool for nursing or midwifery practice.
2. Describe Andy’s appearance and behaviour during the initial assessment.
3. Differentiate between mood and affect, and then describe affect as it relates to Andy.
4. Discuss Andy’s speech.
5. What signs or symptoms associated with an episode of psychosis can you identify in the interview with Andy?
6. What tests might Dr Taylor request at the end of the consult with Andy, and why are these important in the context of symptoms consistent with psychosis?
7. Dr Taylor assesses Andy’s thought. Describe how you think she might describe and document her findings in the progress notes?
8. How would you assess Andy’s insight into his current emotional and cognitive state? What are the likely positive or negative outcomes associated with this level of insight? Please comment on his overall judgement as well.
9. Looking at Andy’s presentation overall, what risks does he currently present with? Are there risks that you have excluded? Provide evidence for all your responses. Please give consideration to his physical health as well as all other possible risks.
10. Andy is diagnosed with a psychotic disorder. What interventions/treatment and care pathways/options would be appropriate for his care? Give consideration to the setting in which this care might be provided. Provide rationales for your plans. You will need to read the relevant chapter in your textbook, as well as look for other academic sources.
This HLT301: Health Assignment has been solved by our Health Experts at TVAssignmentHelp. Our Assignment Writing Experts are efficient to provide a fresh solution to this question. We are serving more than 10000+ Students in Australia, UK & US by helping them to score HD in their academics. Our experts are well trained to follow all marking rubrics & referencing style.
Be it a used or new solution, the quality of the work submitted by our assignment experts remains unhampered. You may continue to expect the same or even better quality with the used and new assignment solution files respectively. There’s one thing to be noticed that you could choose one between the two and acquire an HD either way. You could choose a new assignment solution file to get yourself an exclusive, plagiarism (with free Turnitin file), expert quality assignment or order an old solution file that was considered worthy of the highest distinction.