Expression of Interest- Social Science Assignment- Laikipia University Partnership
Internal Code: MAS5553 Social Science Assignment Scenario: SOSS are seeking two undergraduate students to join the steering committee of the LU Partnership. These students will join a delegation from SOSS to Kenya in February 2018, and be part of the group that hosts a delegation from LU to Australia in September 2018. The responsibilities of the student representatives will be:
- Participate in discussions with SOSS academics about the objectives and principles of the partnership. Students must be available to meet in Sydney for a full-day pre-departure meeting in Nov/Dec (date TBC).
- Join a delegation of academic staff and students travelling to Nyahururu, Kenya departing Thursday 14 Feb returning Friday 23 Feb 2018 (all expenses covered). Students will participate in relevant discussions in addition to meeting with student representatives from LU to discuss student-led initiatives.
- Participate in discussions on their return to Sydney, and follow-up on any actions that were agreed upon with LU partners.
- Meet with LU delegation when they visit (date to be confirmed) and take part in further discussions
- Lead student initiatives and provide input into academic-led initiatives related to learning opportunities for student and LU students.
- Your motivation: why do you seek this role?
- The value you feel you would bring to the role
- Your ideas as to how the UNSW-LU partnership could provide opportunities for students at both institutions