Internal Code: MAHOZ15
Research Report Assignment Help:
Assignment 1 report
This assignment is an Individual assignment on Engineering Ethics, which consists of a written report. You are required to research your chosen topic (a list of topics to choose from will be accessible via Blackboard) highlighting aspects of particular impact and assessing their relevance to engineers. You should also express your own opinion and thoughts. You will deliver this in the form of a written report.
ASSIGNMENT LAYOUT & RESEARCH /5
1. Report of an industry standard, being clear and concise and free from typographical and grammatical errors
2. Sections integrate well demonstrating good flow and coordination of ideas
3. Correct application of APA referencing standard throughout the report
4. Effective use of related research
CONTENT – KEY CRITERIA /15
1. Highlighted ethical aspects and assessment of their relevance to engineers
2. Analysis and evaluation of ethical issues and expression of your own opinions and thoughts where applicable
3. The arguments are logically developed; well-structured and supported
4. Thoughtful introduction and conclusion
5. An executive summary of no more than one page, setting the scene, highlighting the major findings from your report and offering possible recommendations.
6. Challenges faced in producing the required information and how you have overcome them
7. Lessons learnt and your recommendations
8. Indicate the competencies you believe you may have demonstrated and to what extent (refer to relevant section on Blackboard)
Choose one of the provided themes or any other with direct application to engineering and then choose your own specific topic. This is where you want to differentiate yourself from others. It is important to note that the content of your assignment must be relevant to engineering.
The Environment: Is the environment a concern for engineers? If so, why, and what can be done about it? What is the role for an engineer?