CSM80008 - Location Based Management for Construction - Planning the Structural Cycle - Planning in CPM and LBM - Engineering Assessment Answer
- Subject Code :
CSM80008: Location Based Management for Construction Assessment Answer
Stage 1: Planning in CPM and LBM
The project requires the planning of the structural cycle of a twin residential building block project in Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia. Both buildings comprise nine levels and have similar layout. The floor plan and elevations are shown below. Each level comprises of 8 units.
You will explore construction using one of the following methods (to be allocated to you):
1. A precast structure including precast lift core, precast columns, beams and slabs, with structural grouting and finish screed,
2. A composite structure consisting of cast-in-situ lift core and precast columns, beams and slabs, with structural grouting and finish screed,
3. A totally cast in-situ concrete structure,
4. A steel frame building with precast core, precast floors with structural grouting and finish screed, or
5. A steel frame building with cast in-situ core and cast in-site floors.
Only the typical structural activities required for producing a smooth concrete floor need to be scheduled and monitored. And it may be assumed that the work commenced from an already constructed ground floor slab with any relevant cast-in bolts, services, starter bars, etc. already in place. The final top slab should be a normal floor slab, there is no need to schedule roof work.
By working in pairs:
one student shall work in CPM (using any available CPM software such as MS Project),
the other shall work in LBMS (using Vico Schedule Planner),
both students will prepare a comparison and summary of the two parts.
The project to be scheduled shall require nine repetitive floors of 1200m2 per floor and will be built in zones.
The pairs will develop a structural cycle for their building. This will then be scheduled in CPM by one student and in LBMS by the other. These schedules will probably not match each other (because of the different technology), but should be an attempt to make them the same.
Stage 3: Summary report
Each student shall prepare a summary report, no more than two pages to describe the advantages of their method (either CPM or LBMS) compared to the other method for scheduling, monitoring and progressively forecasting the project end-date. Please note that this stage requires good understanding of the other student’s work and the other method.
You are required to
- Familiarise yourself with the principles and methods of monitoring and control using literature
- Familiarise yourself with CPM and LBMS methods and software
- Create a construction project typical structural cycle
- Save/print your report as a PDF file and name it starting with the name of the assessment (monitoring and control) followed by your student ID, name the schedule files as your student ID
- Submit your schedule files and report on Moodle/Turnitin by midnight Sunday 31st of March
This is an individual assignment done in pairs. It carries 20 marks.
Appropriate introduction, 2 marks
CPM or LBMS Schedules, 5 marks (submit both original files and PDF prints of schedule views as appropriate)
- Appropriate logical task sequence for the method of construction, 3 marks
- Scheduling of structural cycle, 3 marks
- Location groups, 2 marks
- Summary report on the advantages of the method used, 5 marks
This CSM80008: Engineering Assessment has been solved by our Engineering experts at TVAssignmentHelp. Our Assignment Writing Experts are efficient to provide a fresh solution to this question. We are serving more than 10000+ Students in Australia, UK & US by helping them to score HD in their academics. Our experts are well trained to follow all marking rubrics & referencing style.
Be it a used or new solution, the quality of the work submitted by our assignment experts remains unhampered. You may continue to expect the same or even better quality with the used and new assignment solution files respectively. There’s one thing to be noticed that you could choose one between the two and acquire an HD either way. You could choose a new assignment solution file to get yourself an exclusive, plagiarism (with free Turnitin file), expert quality assignment or order an old solution file that was considered worthy of the highest distinction.