COH 606: Epidemiological Terminology - Public Health Research - Disease Outbreak Investigation - Epidemiology Assignment Help
- Subject Code :
Connect with COH606 Expert Now
Find two primary peer-reviewed journal articles (No meta-analysis or review articles) that examine the same hypothesis, using different study designs. For example, one article may use a cohort design and the other a case-control study, or randomized clinical trial, or cross-sectional, etc..
For each article:
- State the research objective
- Describe the study design, including their target population, sampling methodology, sample size, recruiting methods, inclusion/exclusion criteria, etc.
- Summarize the results, including univariate and multivariate findings, if applicable. What variables did hey control for, and were the findings different after controlling for confounding variables than before they controlled for them?
- State the article’s conclusions as they relate to the original (null) hypothesis.
- Discuss the study’s strengths and limitations, including sources of bias or possible confounding. How did they account for these issues, and how might they have affected the results (bias toward vs. away from the null hypothesis)?
- Were their conclusions generalizable to the overall population? Why or why not?
Finally, compare the two articles.
- Did they reach the same or different conclusions? If different, what may have contributed to the discrepancy (chance, methodology, bias)?
- Which study had a superior methodology, and why?
- Which one are you more likely to believe?
- How would you design the ideal study to examine this hypothesis?”
Course Learning Outcomes:
Upon completion of this course the student will be able to:
- Appropriately use and understand epidemiological terminology.
- Determine appropriate epidemiological study designs
- Identify sources of bias in public health research.
- Discuss the steps of a disease outbreak investigation
- Critically review the public health literature.
This COH606: Epidemiology Assignment has been solved by our Epidemiology Experts at TVAssignmentHelp. Our Assignment Writing Experts are efficient to provide a fresh solution to this question. We are serving more than 10000+ Students in Australia, UK & US by helping them to score HD in their academics. Our experts are well trained to follow all marking rubrics & referencing style.
Be it a used or new solution, the quality of the work submitted by our assignment experts remains unhampered. You may continue to expect the same or even better quality with the used and new assignment solution files respectively. There’s one thing to be noticed that you could choose one between the two and acquire an HD either way. You could choose a new assignment solution file to get yourself an exclusive, plagiarism (with free Turnitin file), expert quality assignment or order an old solution file that was considered worthy of the highest distinction.