Carl Shapiro Case Study - State PICO - Nursing Assignment Help
Carl Shapiro Case Study Nursing Assignment Help
Carl Shapiro is a 54 year old man who has just been admitted to the cardiac catheterization lab (or surgical ward) from the Emergency Department (ED). He presented to the ED one hour ago complaining of central chest pain, diaphoresis and shortness of breath. Blood tests (troponin and CK-MB ) and ECG (ST elevation) provided the diagnosis of Acute Coronary Syndrome (MI). Mr Shapiro takes medication to treat hypertension and is actively trying to reduce weight. He smokes 10 cigarettes/day and has done so for 35 years. Mr Shapiro developed chest pain four weeks ago and presented to ED with chest pain, diaphoresis and shortness of breath and was discharged with a follow up plan to see his General Practitioner (GP) and undergo several cardiac tests. His weight is 110kg and height 1.75m.
1. Part B: state PICO question
2. Write a clear, and logical explanation of how you conducted a search to find three articles (or two articles and one website) to answer your PICO question.
3. Use the headings provided in the Unit Guide (UG) to ensure you have covered all aspects required. You do not need to write these in the order provided in the UG but
DO make sure you have a logical flow of information
4. Tables may be used where appropriate, eg to outline databases, keywords, search refinements etc, providing they contain all the relevant information, and they are
supported with clear explanations of the search. However, the use of table/s is a choice, and is not compulsory.
5. Part C: Review:
6. Use appropriate CASP tools to review any articles. If reviewing a website (no more than one), use the CRAAP template provided.
7. State the article being reviewed in the space provided: in CASP tools the heading is: Paper for appraisal and reference. For CRAAP evaluation template, state website at the beginning. These should all be cited using correct APA format:
8. Please note: it is NOT sufficient to merely tick the boxes, you must provide discussion in each text box.
9. At the end of the review, on a separate word document, write your explanation of how these articles have enabled you to answer your PICO question (see UG for
10. Upon submission, you will need to upload:
i) Part B: explanation of search (word doc)
ii) Either three (3) completed CASP review sheets or two (2) completed CASP review sheets and one (1) completed CRAAP review template
iii) Your final explanation of how the articles have helped answer your question (word doc)
iv) Reference list of ALL references cited in Parts B and C including the three articles reviewed. APA referencing is essential. If unsure, refer to the guide provided on
the Murdoch library site:
This Nursing Assignment has been solved by our Nursing experts at TVAssignmentHelp. Our Assignment Writing Experts are efficient to provide a fresh solution to this question. We are serving more than 10000+ Students in Australia, UK & US by helping them to score HD in their academics. Our experts are well trained to follow all marking rubrics & referencing style.
Be it a used or new solution, the quality of the work submitted by our assignment experts remains unhampered. You may continue to expect the same or even better quality with the used and new assignment solution files respectively. There’s one thing to be noticed that you could choose one between the two and acquire an HD either way. You could choose a new assignment solution file to get yourself an exclusive, plagiarism (with free Turnitin file), expert quality assignment or order an old solution file that was considered worthy of the highest distinction.