Internal Code: 1IFDF
Business Ethics – Critical Essay Writing Assignment
Assessment 1 – Critical Essay (Individual)
You need to review this article from a newspaper which is on Ethical Concerns in the community or within an organisation.
This assessment task is designed to develop research, critical thinking and reading skills.
Your critical essay should be in the following format:
- Introduction: this section should briefly define the theme and your stance on the topic.
- Research: There are two stages of research – examination and review of the chosen article and examination and review of a minimum of five articles from the required and recommended list above. You may also research and use additional literature that is from an academic source. Any non-academic journal references are not included in the count of five journal articles indicated above.
- Discussion: This section of several paragraphs should develop your position in relation to the topic. In developing this argument, identify where your research and examination of academic and contemporary literature has challenged your ideas about business ethics. You will need to discuss at least two ethical theories and link them to key points raised in the article you have examined.
- Conclusion: This should tie together the key points from your discussion. A higher quality essay will include some indication of the ethical implications on business practices of your argument and key points.
- List of References: Use the Harvard referencing system. You must show citations within your essay and your reference section should list alphabetically each reference cited in the body of your essay.