BCM201: Introduction to Biochemistry and Molecular Biology - Biochemistry Assignment Help
Order Code: MAS39935
Question Task Id: 254842
- Subject Code :
- University :
Latrobe University TvAssignmentHelp is not sponsored or endorsed by this college or university.
- Country :
For this assignment you are asked to investigate the interaction between a particular protein and its ligand to learn how the complex formed carries out a useful biological function. You are expected to delve into the interaction at the molecular level, ideally to describe exactly which amino acid residue(s) of the protein are directly involved in forming the protein-ligand complex, i.e. to explain how the interaction occurs.
You are free to investigate a protein-ligand interaction of your own choosing and that you find interesting. To help you, potential topics appear on the LMS and in this document. You will research the scientific literature to gather information about the protein, its ligand and the interaction between them, and then use this information to write a 1200-word report on the major features of the protein-ligand complex and its biological function. This assessment task is to be completed individually and will contribute 30% to your overall mark for this subject. Your written report will be assessed by a panel of markers using the marking rubric provided.
The objectives of this task are:
• To investigate a protein-ligand interaction at the molecular level in order to improve your understanding of the relationship between protein structure and biological function;
• To develop literature research skills: to select appropriate sources of reliable and relevant information from primary research articles and specialist texts in the scientific literature;
• To develop scientific writing skills: to use vocabulary appropriate for a general scientific audience; to write in full sentences with correct grammar and spelling; to develop a concise story that conveys the major features of the protein-ligand interaction in a logical sequence;
• To refine correct referencing and other acknowledgement skills: including in-text citations and a reference list using a standardized format;
Points 1 – 5 outlined below are compulsory – your report must cover these aspects of your chosen interaction:
1. What are the two components of the protein-ligand pair that you have chosen?
2. What is the primary biological reaction resulting from the interaction between this pair of molecules? What purpose does the interaction serve?
3. What major cellular activity, metabolic pathway or other process requires this interaction?
4. THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT SECTION. How do the protein and ligand interact at the molecular level? What are the structural requirements for this interaction to occur? Which specific amino acid residues are involved (if known)? What triggers the interaction?
5. Where does this interaction occur (tissue/organ, cell, sub-cellular organelle)?
You should also cover at least one other feature of your chosen interaction – it's up to you to decide which extra point(s) to cover, as some may be more suitable or more interesting than others depending on which topic you have chosen. Points 6 - 8 below are merely suggestions:
6. (example only) What happens if the interaction does not occur at all, or if it functions incorrectly?
7. (example only) Can we artificially manipulate the interaction? If so, to what purpose?
8. (example only) Is there any variation in the interaction in different cells or organisms?
This BCM201 : Biochemistry Assignment has been solved by our Biochemistry Experts at TV Assignment Help. Our Assignment Writing Experts are efficient to provide a fresh solution to this question. We are serving more than 10000+ Students in Australia, UK & US by helping them to score HD in their academics. Our Experts are well trained to follow all marking rubrics & referencing style.
Be it a used or new solution, the quality of the work submitted by our assignment experts remains unhampered. You may continue to expect the same or even better quality with the used and new assignment solution files respectively. There’s one thing to be noticed that you could choose one between the two and acquire an HD either way. You could choose a new assignment solution file to get yourself an exclusive, plagiarism (with free Turnitin file), expert quality assignment or order an old solution file that was considered worthy of the highest distinction.