Internal Code: IAH208
Purpose of the Assessment
The purpose of this assignment is to undertake a literature review in relation to a critical issue for organisations and/or leadership.
A literature review is a critical analysis of published sources on a particular topic. It is an assessment of the literature and provides a summary, classification, comparison and evaluation. Undertaking a critical review of literature is a key component for postgraduate study. It allows you to demonstrate the depth of your research, highlight your ability to question, compare and contrast and analyse a range of theories and texts in relation to your topic.
Why do we write literature reviews?
A literature review allows you to demonstrate your understanding of the literature on a particular topic. You show your understanding by analysing and then synthesising the information to:
1. Determine what has already been written on a topic
2. Provide an overview of key concepts
3. Identify major relationships or patterns
4. Identify strengths and weaknesses
5. Identify any gaps in the research
6. Identify any conflicting evidence
7. Provide a solid background to further research
All of the above will be required for your Business Research Report so this is a good opportunity to develop your research skills in a topic that is of interest to you
The task is to complete a literature review within the area of strategic development of organisations in the age of uncertainty.
1. For this assessment you need to select one area that is relevant to the strategic development of organisations in the age of uncertainty. You must clearly state what area you are researching at the beginning of your introduction.
2. Once you choose a topic, you must write a 2,500 word literature review.
3. A literature review is a critical analysis of published sources, or literature, on a particular topic. It is an assessment of the literature and provides a summary, classification, comparison and evaluation.
4. The literature review is generally in the format of a standard essay made up of three components: an introduction, a body and a conclusion.
5. A reasonable distribution of words is expected – consider the following structure as a guideline – note the word-count is only relevant to the introduction, main body and conclusion.
Your literature review could be based on a critical evaluation of one of the following ideas (Please note: these are examples, not a limit, of issues that you can research and analyse for your assessment)
1. Leadership and Employee retention in the Age of Uncertainty – the role of culture and importance of employee engagement in the age of uncertainty
Keep in mind you have 2,500 words to demonstrate the depth and breadth of your research so focus carefully on one particular area and research it well. You may go over (or under) this word count by 10% anything longer than this will not be included in the grading.
Get 500 Words For FREE on Your Next Assignment By Australia's #1 Assignment Help Provider