Internal Code: 1IDAF
Accounting Assignment Help:
In gradebook you will see a section “Company number” with a number between 1 and 6. This is the number of the company that you are allocated for this assignment.
- Aristocrat Leisure Ltd (ALL) http://www.aristocrat.com 2. Bega Cheese Ltd (BGA) http://www.begacheese.com.au 3. Cash Converters International Ltd (CCV) http://www.cashconverters.com 4. JB Hi Fi Ltd (JBH) http://www.jbhifi.com.au 5. Retail Food Group Ltd (RFG) http://www.rfg.com.au 6. Woolworths Ltd (WOW) http://www.woolworthsgroup.com.au
- Access the annual reports for your allocated company for the years 2013, 2015 &
- These reports are usually available on the company’s website under “Investors”. Alternatively, if you cannot locate each of the years, you should be able to access them at asx.com.au.
- The annual reports will provide you with six years of financial statements for 2012,
2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 & 2017. C. Prepare a horizontal analysis of the Income statement for the five years 2013 – 2017.
Comment on the changes over the five years. (Approximately 300 words)
- Calculate the following ratios for the five years 2013 – 2017 (2012 financial
information will assist you in calculating averages, where necessary).
- Return on total assets (not in text – search in Google and cite your findings) 2. Rate of return on ordinary equity 3. Operating profit margin 4. Gross profit Margin 5. Inventories turnover period 6. Settlement period for debtors 7. Current ratio 8. Quick ratio (acid test ratio) 9. Debt to assets ratio (not in text – search in Google and cite your findings) 10. Interest cover ratio (Times interest earned) 11. Assets turnover (not in text – search in Google and cite your findings) 12. Earnings per share 13. Price-earnings ratio (refer to Blackboard for stock price history for five years). 14. Dividend yield (refer to Blackboard for the dividend history for five years).
- Given the ratios over five years, comment on the company’s profitability, efficiency,
liquidity, financial gearing and investment ratios. Note: You may also refer to coverage in the financial press that is related to your company. This might help you in evaluation of the company – please cite your sources!