Internal Code: MAS7064
Nursing Assignment Help:
The aim of this assignment is to demonstrate your knowledge and understanding of community health nursing concepts and principles, specifically community profile and needs assessment, as well as community engagement. You will also demonstrate your ability to collect and analyse community-level data and plan a community needs assessment. This written assignment will address learning outcomes 1, 2 and 3.
You are a community nurse who works in a local community health service. As part of your role, you supervise undergraduate health students on their community health placement. Most of these students have never lived or worked in the area where this service is located and know very little about this local community. You believe it would be helpful for students to have more information about the community.
You decide to write a briefing paper that describes community assessment. You plan to include a description of the community and data summarising the social determinants of health and how to engage with the community to explore health issues / unmet health needs.
1. Choose ONE Queensland community from the list below.
• Charters Towers
2. Research your chosen community, e.g., location, key features, population, and socio-demographics. As part of this research you should review the latest (2016) census data from the Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) for the community, Queensland and the nation. AND then present as Two Tables for Part A, using the templates provided on Pages 5 & 6.
1. Create and populate Table 1 with 2016 ABS census data and present data for your community, Queensland and Australia. You need to present eleven characteristics in total for Table 1 (the six provided plus five others of your choice). Create and populate Table 2 by analyzing the data determined from your community data to outline three
inferences about the population characteristics (see example Tables from workshops).
Write a 1,500-word essay in which you describe the process of community assessment and explain your assessment of the community of choice. In your essay, you must:
2. Introduce the task and include a thesis statement that argues the importance of undertaking community assessment
3. Discuss the purpose of community assessment and explain this concept (what it is, why it is undertaken, when and how it is performed), with reference to scholarly literature
4. Describe the key characteristics of your chosen community
5. Describe three social determinants of health in relation to the community data for your chosen community and identify a vulnerable community subgroup that may have health issues / unmet health needs
6. Discuss community needs assessment and describe how you would engage with the identified vulnerable community subgroup to explore their health issues / unmet health needs
7. Clearly summarise what was covered in the assignment and conclude the task without introducing any new information.
8. Reference throughout as per APA 6th edition
9. Ensure essay conforms to expected standards for academic writing and presentation